Establishment Labs Releases 2020 Corporate Social Responsibility Annual Review
“As a publicly traded company, we are already subject to the highest standards of governance and compliance, but we are taking it a step further with our work to create ambitious sustainability goals for the coming decade,” said Juan José Chacón-Quirós, Founder and CEO of
Among the topics included in this year’s review:
- A presentation of the company’s value map, stakeholders, and materiality framework, including an elevation of Women’s Health and Well-being to a key materiality topic alongside Environment, Employees, and Governance.
- An assessment of the company’s continued environmental efforts, including the recertification of its headquarters and manufacturing facilities as carbon neutral.
- Highlights from the company’s efforts in promoting women’s health and well-being, including its patient advocacy efforts and its support of Breast Cancer Awareness, International Day of Women & Girls in Science, International Women’s Day, and other relevant programs.
- An overview of collaborative research efforts with institutions around the globe, as well as efforts to share the learnings with relevant audiences through medical education and patient engagement.
- A description of the company’s efforts to nurture its corporate culture, including ensuring a safe work environment during the COVID-19 pandemic and ongoing training and support programs.
- A review of the company’s 2020 financial performance, its quality and regulatory activities, and an update on post-market surveillance clinical data.
The 2020 edition is the second publication of Establishment Labs’ Corporate Social Responsibility annual review. The current and previous editions of the annual review can be found on the company’s website at: https://establishmentlabs.com/corporate-sustainability/.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the “Exchange Act”). You can find many (but not all) of these statements by looking for words such as “approximates,” “believes,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “estimates,” “intends,” “plans,” “intends to,” “would,” “will,” “may” or other similar expressions in this press release. Factors, among others, that could cause actual results and events to differ materially from those described in any forward-looking statements include risks and uncertainties relating to: our ability to successfully, timely and cost-effectively develop, seek and obtain regulatory clearance for and commercialize our product offerings; the rate of adoption of our products by healthcare providers or other customers; the success of our marketing initiatives; the safe and effective use of our products; our ability to protect our intellectual property; our future expansion plans and capital allocation; our ability to expand upon and/or secure sources of credit or capital; our ability to develop and maintain relationships with qualified suppliers to avoid a significant interruption in our supply chains; our ability to attract and retain key personnel; our ability to scale our operations to meet market demands; the effect on our business of existing and new regulatory requirements; and other economic and competitive factors. Any statements that refer to projections of our future financial or operating performance, anticipated trends in our business, our goals, strategies, focus and plans, and other characterizations of future events or circumstances, including statements expressing general optimism about future operating results, related to the company’s performance are forward-looking statements. We claim the protection of the safe harbor contained in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. We caution investors that any forward-looking statements presented in this report, or that we may make orally or in writing from time to time, are expressions of our beliefs and expectations based on currently available information at the time such statements are made. Such statements are based on assumptions, and the actual outcome will be affected by known and unknown risks, trends, uncertainties, and factors that are beyond our control. Although we believe that our assumptions are reasonable, we cannot guarantee future performance, and some will inevitably prove to be incorrect. As a result, our actual future results and the timing of events may differ from our expectations, and those differences may be material. Factors that could cause or contribute to these differences include, among others, those risks and uncertainties discussed in the company’s annual report on Form 10-K filed on